Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm

Something is happening. Thrall has sensed a disturbing change in the elements...there have been strange earthquakes, not severe ones, but worrisome. They're occuring everywhere. The Horde, and the Alliance, we're butting heads more than ever. And I can sense that the ley-lines are being disturbed. Many casters, and indeed even many non-casters, have felt radical shifts in the amount of power they're able to summon. What power I am able to summon with my own casting has increased dramatically, seemingly coinciding with these other disturbances, and without any effort on my part. Interesting. The wars in the north are over, but the peace feels...I don't know...precarious?

When I was in Shattrath Voren'thal taught me, when in doubt, start scrying.

(I went out to Barnes and Noble the other day, not actually knowing when the lastest Loremaster must-have, The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm was going to drop, but remembering it being sometime in October. Turns out I was one day early, and they had copies in the back which were not even available on the shelves yet, and they got me one.

We, including both Barnes and Noble, are awesome. I got a 36-page headstart. One thing I'm going to do is probably exactly two weeks I'm going to update Wowwiki with the plot, as I have been meaning to do with other novels. Two weeks is the general blackout time for new novels so as to give people a chance to actually read the book. But there's a woeful poverty of lore in the articles. They usually feature only the plot synopsis on the back.

I wrote most of the article for Stormrage. That was an interesting book. More on that later.

Anyway, I am currently reading The Shattering. Pretty awesome so far. Won't spoil anything at least until I finish it, but lets just sat in the first few chapters they are getting into some stuff that I really would like to know about, and talk about...so yeah.)

No comments:

Post a Comment